Larry Short, B. Comm., CGA, CIM, FCSI, CFP®
Portfolio Manager & Executive Director, Private Client Group
Larry Short was born and raised in Carbonear, Newfoundland and Labrador. He attended Memorial University of Newfoundland and graduated in 1981 with a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm) degree and obtained his accounting designation in 1988.
In 1988 he also began working as an Investment Advisor.
Over the years, Larry has worked and achieved numerous professional designations aside from his B. Comm and CGA. Larry is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional, a Certified Investment Manager (CIM), as well as a Portfolio Manager. Larry is a published author of In Short: Secrets to Make Your Dollars Grow (Doubleday 1998), and In Short: Successful Investing During Turbulent Times (2012).
Larry’s wealth management practice is in its 29th year of business and continues with HollisWealth® in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm), Memorial University of Newfoundland, 1981
- Chartered Professional Accountant, C.G.A., Certified General Accountants Association of Canada, 1988
- Certified Investment Manager (CIM), The Canadian Securities Institute, 1993
- Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI), The Canadian Securities Institute, 1993
- Professional Financial Planner (PFP), The Canadian Securities Institute, 1997
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PALNNER®, Financial Planning Standard Council of Canada, 1998
- Vice President, RBC Dominion Securities, 1998-2002
- Vice President, TD Waterhouse Private Investment Advice, 2002-2008
- Senior Investment Advisor, Portfolio Manager & Director, Private Client Group, HollisWealth, 2008 to present
HollisWealth® is a division of Industrial Alliance Securities Inc. (iA Securities), a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF) and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC). iA Securities is a trade name and business name under which Industrial Alliance Securities Inc. operates. This information has been prepared by Larry Short, Portfolio Manager for HollisWealth®, a division of iA Securities, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of iA Securities. The information contained in this document comes from sources we believe to be reliable, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy or reliability. The opinions expressed are based on an analysis and interpretation dating from the date of publication and are subject to change without notice. Furthermore, they do not constitute an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any the securities mentioned. The information contained herein may not apply to all types of investors. The Portfolio Manager can open accounts only in the provinces where he is registered. For more information about HollisWealth®, please consult the official website at www.holliswealth.com . ShortFinancial is a personal trade name of Larry Short.
Insurance products are provided by Hollis Insurance Inc.